- Tuesday February 13 2024 7:30 PM Best Availability
- Wednesday February 14 2024 7:30 PM Best Availability
- Thursday February 15 2024 7:30 PM Best Availability
- Friday February 16 2024 8:00 PM Limited Availability
- Saturday February 17 2024 2:00 PM Limited Availability
- Saturday February 17 2024 8:00 PM Limited Availability
- Sunday February 18 2024 1:00 PM Limited Availability
- Sunday February 18 2024 6:30 PM Limited Availability
- Tuesday February 20 2024 7:30 PM Best Availability
- Wednesday February 21 2024 7:30 PM Best Availability
- Thursday February 22 2024 7:30 PM Best Availability
- Friday February 23 2024 8:00 PM Best Availability
- Saturday February 24 2024 2:00 PM Limited Availability
- Saturday February 24 2024 8:00 PM Limited Availability
- Sunday February 25 2024 1:00 PM Limited Availability
- Sunday February 25 2024 6:30 PM Limited Availability
- Tuesday February 27 2024 7:30 PM Best Availability
- Wednesday February 28 2024 7:30 PM Best Availability
- Thursday February 29 2024 7:30 PM Best Availability
- Friday March 1 2024 8:00 PM Limited Availability
- Saturday March 2 2024 2:00 PM Limited Availability
- Saturday March 2 2024 8:00 PM Limited Availability
- Sunday March 3 2024 1:00 PM Limited Availability ASL | Open Caption | Audio Description
- Sunday March 3 2024 6:30 PM Limited Availability
Everybody Rejoice! The Tony Award-winning musical THE WIZ is coming to Los Angeles!
The highly anticipated Broadway revival of THE WIZ returns “home” to stages across America in an all-new Pre-Broadway tour, the first one in 40 years.
This groundbreaking twist on The Wizard of Oz changed the face of Broadway—from its iconic score packed with soul, gospel, rock, and finger-snapping 70s funk to its stirring tale of Dorothy’s journey to find her place in a contemporary world. Audiences get to enjoy the epic grooves of such beloved, timeless hits as “Ease on Down the Road,” which became the show’s break-out single, and the bona fide classic “Home” in this spectacular revival.
Featuring a book by William F. Brown and a Tony Award-winning score by Charlie Smalls (and others), director Schele Williams (The Notebook, revival of Disney’s Aida), choreographer Jaquel Knight
Children under 5 will not be admitted into the theatre. All persons entering the theatre, regardless of age, must have a ticket.
Please visit our Accessibility page for information on accessible performances and more.
Listen to Iconic Songs from the Motion Picture
Photo 1: Pre Broadway Production of THE WIZ, featuring Melody Betts as Evillene in "Don't Nobody Bring Me No Bad News." - Photo by Jeremy Daniel
In the heart of Hollywood, on Hollywood Boulevard, right down the block from Vine Street, stands the Hollywood Pantages Theatre. It's a fitting location: The Pantages has become one of the greatest landmarks of Hollywood, signifying both the glorious past and adventuresome future of the world's entertainment capital.
The Hollywood Pantages has a history as grand and diverse as the stage and screen fare which audiences have flocked to enjoy there for half a century. These days it's one of Los Angeles' leading homes of legitimate theatre (the five highest-grossing weeks in L.A.'s theatrical history were all shows at the Pantages) and a favorite "location" for tv shows, movies and music videos. In the past, it has been a movie house, with live vaudeville acts between features as well as the site of many gala premieres and "spectaculars." For ten years the Hollywood Pantages Theatre was the home of the glittering Academy Awards Presentations.
While the use of the Hollywood Pantages Theatre may have changed over the years, the theatre does not appear all that different today. After several touch-ups over the years, the Hollywood Boulevard showplace was renovated at the turn of the 21st century to recapture its 1930 look and luxury. When the theatre reopened in September 2000, some 300 people had repainted nearly every inch of the theatre, restored its outer lobby and missing chandeliers, refurbished its walls and prepared it for the new century.
Click the link below for more venue information including directions, parking and more!More Info